Little Book for a Little Cook
This charming little book compiles together a number of recipes, set out in an easy to understand manner, along with a poetic story about the stages of bread production. This book was produced as a promotional for a flour production company called Pillsbury. This is a "modern" update compared to the original edition of the book. This version has exact oven temperature settings for each recipe included in a preface for the book, along with more precise suggestions for the baking time. The book has been written for children, however I am certain that adults could enjoy the book equally as much as a child would.
First Page:A little Book
for A little Cook
BY L.P. HUBBARD.
1. Always use Pillsbury's Best Flour.
2. Sift flour twice before adding to cakes or breakfast cakes.
3. Make all measurements level by using edge of knife to lightly scrape off from top of cup or spoon until material is even with the edges.
4. Use same sized cups or spoons in measuring for the same recipe.
5. Before starting to make recipe, read through carefully, then put on table all the materials and tools needed in making that particular recipe.
A NOTE TO THE MODERN READER
A Little Book for a Little Cook was originally published by Pillsbury in 1905. This new reproduction has all of the recipes from the original softcover edition, but is being reissued with the modern reader in mind... Continue reading book >>
• iBooks for iPhone and iPad
• Sony Reader
• Mobi file format for Kindle
• Load eBook in browser
Text File eBook
|Review this book|